I have film privileges!!
Okay, now that that is out of my system, here is a tutorial I did a few days ago, after reading a news article about the new film categories. I'm still working on my wedding stuff, and thought, "hey, there won't be another time I'm for sure working on a ruffle, so I should try to film what to do and make a tutorial."
And I did.Please forgive a few things:
1. My voice. I hate how it sounds.
2. My nervous twitches in the second half. I know, I have a lot of them - if you know me, be amazed that I even had the guts to film this, because I hate being in front of people. If you've seen my panels at conventions, you'll notice that I'm like this all the time.
3. That it's so long. I don't know how to cut the size down, or cut out stuff. I just set up the camera (took a good 10 minutes to get the tripod set up right each time), and hit the button, and started talking. If you're really
annoyed at the time, the first part is what you'll really need to know, the rest (last 10 minutes or so) is just stuff you can figure out yourself.
4. That I ramble. A lot. I didn't have a script - hell, I didn't have an idea of what I was going to do until just a minute or three before I actually hit the record button.
5. If something goes out of sync - I was looking at the preview thing in iMovie, and when in fullscreen mode, the second half is off of sync or something, but when I moved it back down to a smaller version, it was fine... I don't get it, and I'm so sorry if it looks like poo... I have never, ever
done anything with film before, so I'm a total n00b!Random note:I'm not going to walk you through everything step by step - this should be enough information to get you to make a ruffle for anything you might need; please don't ask to film how to make the fabric piece (it's a god-awful long rectangle, with finished edges) or the petticoat it's on - some day, I might, but right now, no time for that, I'm sorry.
My goal : to give you the techniques to do what you want to do, not hold your hand through it all
Anywho, I'm sorry again about my voice, editing, and whatnot. But, I hope you learn something from this, and if you use the tutorial, please let me know! I appreciate it every time someone shows me a piece one of my tutorials helped out with, I really, really do! Do not repost, redistribute, or claim as your own!
2008 Samantha Lemieux - Taeliac Studio Cosplay - BeAnime.com
Made entirely on my Kodak camera + iMovie (my savior)